Sunday 21 September 2014

At long last, the beginning!

I put this page together in June 2011 and this is my first post. I spent a long time shooting a photo of my favourite dice and setting up the page layout and colour scheme so everything would be perfect. I had everything in place to start and then I just didn't do it.

I'm not sure I can even remember the guy I was in June 2011,  I've lived through so much since then. I read the text of my profile and I can see that some things haven't changed and other things have moved forward. I've mostly wound down my photography business so you won't see much on here about that. All I do now is commercial work for a handful of companies and teach some photography classes. Teacher would be a more accurate description of what I do now since I'm permanent part-time staff at a local business school and I'll change my profile as soon as I figure out how.

The blog name is still accurate. I'm still searching for magic. I'm still looking for a way to express myself creatively and I'm still playing RPGs. I've done some professional writing but I'm not certain how much I want to pursue that market. I might need some time writing what I want or need to write instead of having to write to order for other people. This blog should help in that regard.

After three years, why start now? Well my life is under control in ways it was not back in June 2011. I've survived a long bout of depression and made the changes to my life that I needed to make to stay in a good place. One of the side effects of getting on top of all that stuff is writing a blog doesn't seem so hard. I think I could write this first one knowing there will be a post to follow it and that might be the most important thing.

What can you expect from the second post and beyond? My profile hints that there will be a lot of talk about RPGs and I can safely promise more posts about gaming. You can expect posts on other related topics that overlap the genres and anything else that catches my notice. It will likely evolve as we go. If you want to get a grip on my tastes you could check out the Geeky Voices Carry Podcast that includes me as a regular co-host. You can find links to it over on the Dorkland! Blog. I'm new to this so it will take me a while to get everything linked up and easy for you.

Here we go.

Welcome to my adventure.

I hope we all find what we are looking for.

Thanks,
David



2 comments:

  1. It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

    Hit it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blues Brothers references are always welcome in my comments section!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.